Medico & Dento Legal Service Team Lead
The Member Protection and Support Division is at the forefront of protecting the careers, reputations and financial risk of our members worldwide. The purpose of this role is to support the provision of excellent medicolegal services for members, which is trusted and valued and provides fair treatment and outcomes.
This role is responsible for leading and optimising the capability of a team to perform against agreed service levels with a view to cost, quality, resource, member and continuous improvement. In addition to this the successful candidate will be responsible for providing high quality and detailed technical advice to direct reports and other colleagues in the wider team.
Further information on the accountabilities and responsibilities of this role is available on the attached role profile.
The Ideal Candidate
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of current advances and developments both in medicine and relevant law, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Extensive leadership and people management experience in multi – disciplinary teams. The ability to lead and coach.
- Strong operational management skills and experience of change management and continuous improvement.
Please see the role profile for the full requirements of this role.
- Competitive base salary
- Car allowance
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society