Lead Infrastructure Analyst (Networks)
We have a new vacancy for a Lead Infrastructure Analyst to join our Network team as part of our wider Infrastructure function. You’ll be responsible for leading a newly formed team of expert analysts, who are in the process of upgrading our network and shaping the way network services are utilised within the business. Working closely with our Senior Network Engineer, and other Lead Analysts, you will lead the delivery of improvements to, and maintenance of, our LAN, WLAN and WAN services, facilitate the development of our engineers, and own the relationships with our vendors\suppliers. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant contribution to MPS’s technical proposition, working within a supportive and forward facing team.
- Lead and support a team of Senior Infrastructure Analysts and Infrastructure Analysts to deliver on our ‘BAU’ obligations.
- Act as a senior point of escalation for Incidents, Requests and Problems.
- Actively seek opportunities to improve service delivery, contributing ideas and making suggestions on how processes, tooling, solutions, and ways of working can be enhanced.
- Own and promote best practices throughout the Infrastructure Network and Comms Team
- Provide out of hours Infrastructure and triage support for MPS core systems as part of the on-call team
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in managing technical teams and managing technical solutions across multiple geographic locations
- Disaster recovery planning
- Experience of delivering technical projects from design to implementation
- Experience of networking monitoring and optimisation.
- Experience of working with Cisco networking devices (WAN/LAN/WiFi)
- Knowledge and experience with virtualisation technologies
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
This role is attached to our Leeds office with a Hybrid working approach
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society