Irish Costs Accountant
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced costs professional to further develop their Legal Cost Accounting career within the Legal Costs division of a dynamic, UK based organisation, on a permanent basis. This would initially be a remote home based role.
- Manage a busy caseload of varying range of legal costs claims both for and against the organisation.
- Receive and analyse bills of costs received including liability for payment.
- Liaise with external lawyers and other third parties as appropriate, take instructions to oppose ills of costs and manage and address all legal costs related queries.
- Act on behalf of the organisation on the Taxation of the costs, or other appropriate method of negotiation of costs and prepare and present any relevant submissions required.
- Support the Head of Legal Costs and relevant internal colleagues across the organisation as appropriate.
- Prepare relevant reports as required.
- Assist in ensuring that the Legal Costs Unit remains as effective and efficient as possible.
- Review and manage the legal spend of Irish Panel Solicitors to ensure that value for money is being observed
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Legal Costs Accountant, Solicitor or Barrister in the preparation and taxation of legal costs before the Taxing Master of the High Court and County Registrars of the Circuit Court.
- Detailed knowledge of legal costs jurisprudence and the rules of court pertaining to legal costs.
- Proven organisational skills and the ability to effectively manage time and prioritise in a busy, large caseload environment.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing skills.
- IT proficient and systems savvy.
- Analytical, logical and adopts a methodical approach
We have two vacancies available. As these are our first Irish based costs roles this is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the way the function operates, and as such it is essential that candidates can demonstrate evidence of being a strong team player but also being self motivated and able to operate under a remote working set-up initially.
Due to the urgency of this role we will commence interviews prior to the closing date.
- 12% Pension minimum
- Annual bonus scheme
- Health benefits
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society