Internal Communications Officer
We are looking for an Internal Communications Officer to join us on a fixed term basis for 12 months.
The Internal Communications Officer role sits within our in-house Internal Communications team. The team's primary aim is to ensure that information relating to MPS and the services we provide is clearly and consistently communicated to colleagues in a timely and effective way, using a variety of available channels.
In this role you will be responsible for colleague communications and channels, including our intranet, the weekly Colleague Update, and the administration of the monthly People Manager calls. You will also provide advice and support to colleagues on a range of MPS wide colleague communications.
To provide effective day-to-day support for the delivery of MPS’ routine internal communication activities in a way that creates engaging communications for colleagues, and supports the achievement of the organisation’s strategy and corporate objectives.
- Provide routine and day-to-day internal communication advice and delivery across multiple platforms – including intranet, email, virtual, and face to face channels – in line with agreed channel criteria.
- Action intranet requests including publishing content, support with the creation of pages, navigation changes and permissions – in line with the agreed intranet standards.
- Resolve technical intranet queries using own knowledge or by liaising with IT colleagues and/or the intranet supplier.
- Lead on the creation and delivery of a range of routine internal communications, including colleague newsletters and the monthly Manager’s Call.
The Ideal Candidate
As the ideal candidate you will be digitally savvy and have experience using a variety of internal communications delivery channels, such as intranet, email, virtual, face-to-face. Your experience with an intranet platform will include managing the platforms front and back-end operations.
You are experienced in internal communications, having gained this in-house or in an agency setting, and are familiar with internal communications event management.
A natural communicator, you write and edit to a high standard and have a talent for interpreting and simplifying material for a range of audiences.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous pension contributions; minimum 15% (3% from you) to maximum 21% (6% from you)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society