Internal Communications Lead
- Create engaging communications for colleagues, selecting the most appropriate channel mix and messages for each audience and issue.
- Ensure effective usage of and report on the usage of primary internal communication channels (intranet, bulletins and manager calls) to inform on-going communication and engagement planning across the change programmes and the wider organisation.
- To support in the delivery of our organisation-wide people plan to drive colleague engagement across the organization.
- Lead on building compelling strategic narratives that provide a clear understanding of the link between the work of colleagues and the delivering of strategy and change projects.
- Provide support with strategic advice and counsel to senior leaders on the development of internal communication plans and messaging.
- Play a key role in MPS’s crisis communications preparedness and organisational response in the event of a crisis
The Ideal Candidate
- Detailed knowledge of internal communications and planning and theory
- A talent for interpreting and simplifying complex material for a range of audiences
- Proven ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Significant experience in internal communications, gained in-house or an agency setting
- Experience of advising and influencing senior colleagues
- Managing sensitive and confidential information
- Experience of using and evaluating the impact of processes for delivering internal communications (e.g. intranet, bulletins).
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society