Insight Data Analyst
The purpose of this role is to provide insightful and meaningful member and market information to key stakeholders across MPS so that we can make informed and member focused decisions and remain one step ahead of the market.
- Use internal and external data sources to ensure the business has a robust understanding of what is happening in our markets and our membership
- Creating compelling presentations, in various formats including verbal, powerpoint and inforgraphics.
- Use date and information to identify risks and opportunities that may arise in future whilst proactively making recommendations that provide focus for further discussion.
- Help to develop insight led decision making capability across the organisation by provision of accurate and engaging analysis and reporting
- Produce reporting on members, membership and market share for key stakeholders including Exec and Senior Leaders and ensure appropriate and effective communication channels are utilised.
- Develop self-service dashboards for key stakeholders to monitor changes in membership
- Working with our external data suppliers to get data that informs market size and identifies prospects
- Providing SME input for strategic and other projects
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Experience of analysing data and presenting it in an engaging and informative way
- Ability to use data to tell a story by providing information, impact, potential outcome and suggestions.
- Keenness to work with other departments, influence people and make an impact.
- Presenting and influencing skills
- Experience of working within a healthcare or membership based organisation
- Good Excel skills
- Basic SQL, Power BI and dashboard reporting tools
This is a 12 month FTC / Secondment. Due to the urgency of this vacancy we may start to review applications and interview prior to the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society