MPS, the world’s leading member-owned, not-for-profit protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals, are commencing one of our largest, most ambitious transformation programmes to date and we are looking for new talent to be part of our journey and also people to work on some of our generalist Infrastructure roles.
We are looking for ‘T’ shaped Infrastructure specialists with a with a real depth of experience in Cisco networking, Fortigate firewalls and Windows OS, but with a breadth of experience and skills covering areas such as virtualisation, cloud technologies, email and communications, monitoring and alerting.
In these roles, you will make a direct contribution to the delivery of MPS’ Change Programme, developing our online capability, scaling our services globally and furthering our use of Cloud. You will join an increasingly diverse and agile Digital and Change function, helping to shape our operational and delivery processes, with an increasing focus on automation and optimisation. Working in a supportive and collaborative Infrastructure Team, you will have the opportunity to share their ideas, help shape technical direction and lead technical deliverables.
Your skills will help shape the way we support our members and drive a cultural transformation across the organisation.
- Investigate and resolve Problems, creating appropriate documentation, to ensure effective knowledge transfer to 3nd line and Service Desk.
- Undertake various projects of differing complexity and scale as defined by the Infrastructure Delivery Manager or Infrastructure Technical Manager, to be completed within predefined and agreed timescales.
- Consult with the IT Delivery Leads and Project Managers to plan the time and resources required to complete projects / activities assigned.
- Effectively document new systems, configuration changes and enhancements to existing systems.
- Ensure effective and detailed logging of change requests to current MPS standards through the Change Management process.
- Undertake peer review of change requests when required.
- Ensure security and integrity of data by operating defined security measures which may include anti-virus measures, and taking full daily backups of all user data
- Maintain an asset register on the location and configurations of hardware and software, in line with MPS and regulatory requirements
- Install and configure new hardware and software in accordance with departmental standards and procedures so that it is fit-for purpose
- In association with Service Desk colleagues assist in the resource planning of equipment moves to ensure that the process causes minimum disruption and is done, whenever possible transparently
- As part of the Infrastructure Team, work with colleagues to support the Infrastructure Technical Manager in the implementation of MPS Infrastructure strategy.
- Actively seek to contribute ideas and suggestions to help the team move forward and refine improve ways of working.
- Ensure the smooth running of existing systems using the infrastructure monitoring tools.
- To suggest and where appropriate, implement, efficiencies to existing systems that can be enhanced through performance tuning.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent professional experience
- Microsoft MCSE / MCITP certification or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Knowledge and experience with server and network hardware
- Experience of managing technical solutions across multiple geographic locations
- Experience of managing shared storage
- Experience of disaster recovery planning
- Experience of delivering technical projects from design to implementation
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society