The Infrastructure team are required to manage a complex suite of technologies demanding up-to-date skills with the ability to manage relationships and communicate effectively at all levels. They are seeking a determined and ambitious Infrastructure Analyst to join the team who will be able to liaise with peers and colleagues across IT to ensure the projects are understood and assigned to the appropriate team members. This is a fast paced and varied role spanning the entire MPS structure and will provide excellent insight and involvement.
- Investigate and resolve Problems, creating appropriate documentation, to ensure effective knowledge transfer to 3nd line and Service Desk.
- Undertake various projects of differing complexity and scale as defined by the Infrastructure Delivery Manager or Infrastructure Technical Manager, to be completed within predefined and agreed timescales.
- Consult with the IT Delivery Leads and Project Managers to plan the time and resources required to complete projects / activities assigned.
- Effectively document new systems, configuration changes and enhancements to existing systems.
- Ensure effective and detailed logging of change requests to current MPS standards through the Change Management process.
- Undertake peer review of change requests when required.
- Ensure security and integrity of data by operating defined security measures which may include anti-virus measures, and taking full daily backups of all user data
- Maintain an asset register on the location and configurations of hardware and software, in line with MPS and regulatory requirements
- Install and configure new hardware and software in accordance with departmental standards and procedures so that it is fit-for purpose
- In association with Service Desk colleagues assist in the resource planning of equipment moves to ensure that the process causes minimum disruption and is done, whenever possible transparently
- As part of the Infrastructure Team, work with colleagues to support the Infrastructure Technical Manager in the implementation of MPS Infrastructure strategy.
- Actively seek to contribute ideas and suggestions to help the team move forward and refineimprove ways of working.
- Ensure the smooth running of existing systems using the infrastructure monitoring tools.
- To suggest and where appropriate, implement, efficiencies to existing systems that can be enhanced through performance tuning.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent professional experience
- Microsoft MCSE / MCITP certification or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Knowledge and experience with server and network hardware
- Experience of managing technical solutions across multiple geographic locations
- Experience of managing shared storage
- Experience of disaster recovery planning
- Experience of delivering technical projects from design to implementation
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society