We are looking for ‘T’ shaped Infrastructure specialists with a with depth of experience in virtualisation and\or cloud technologies but with a breadth of experience and skills covering areas such as Windows OS, networking, email and communications, monitoring and alerting.
In these roles, you will make a direct contribution to the delivery of MPS’ Change Programme, developing our online capability, scaling our services globally and furthering our use of Cloud. You will join an increasingly diverse and agile Digital and Change function, helping to shape our operational and delivery processes, with an increasing focus on automation and optimisation. Working in a supportive and collaborative Infrastructure Team, you will have the opportunity to share their ideas, help shape technical direction and lead technical deliverables.
Your skills will help shape the way we support our members and drive a cultural transformation across the organisation.
These roles are fixed term for 12 months
- Investigate and resolve Problems, creating appropriate documentation, to ensure effective knowledge transfer to 3nd line and Service Desk.
- Effectively document new systems, configuration changes and enhancements to existing systems.
- Ensure effective and detailed logging of change requests to current MPS standards through the Change Management process.
- Install and configure new hardware and software in accordance with departmental standards and procedures so that it is fit-for purpose
- In association with Service Desk colleagues assist in the resource planning of equipment moves to ensure that the process causes minimum disruption and is done, whenever possible transparently
- Ensure the smooth running of existing systems using the infrastructure monitoring tools.
The Ideal Candidate
- Microsoft MCSE / MCITP certification or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Knowledge and experience with
- virtualisation technologies
- Microsoft Exchange 2010
- Server and network hardware
- Experience of managing technical solutions across multiple geographic locations
- Experience of managing shared storage
- Experience of disaster recovery planning
- Experience of delivering technical projects from design to implementation
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society