Information Security Analyst
A key role within our Digital & Change division has arisen for an Information Security Analyst.
In this role you will support the Information Security Lead in carrying out technical assessments and remediation of activities across the MPS network, systems and software applications to ensure MPS maintains a stable, robust, secure and reliable IT environment underpinning core business processes.
- Work on and drive security-related projects, to ensure security requirements have been met and call out any risks identified against our Risk Appetite.
- Proactively identify vulnerabilities and inappropriate security controls with a remediation plan to bring back with our Risk Appetite.
- Liaise with relevant teams in specialist areas to manage security, contractual and regulatory requirements are met.
- Assist the conduct of security audits detailing recommendations, improvements and corrective actions.
- Perform day-to-day operational monitoring and remediation of security threats and vulnerabilities via logical security tools and products. Escalate any security concerns to the Information Security Lead for consultation.
- As the compliance and information security landscape continually changes, keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; identify and recommend opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective in managing compliance and information security risk.
- Deputise for the Information Security Lead for assigned areas of responsibility.
The Ideal Candidate
It's essential that you have working knowledge of security domains, auditing standards and frameworks, and risk analysis frameworks including ISO 27001 and Cyber Essentials.
Your experience will include information security from a technical and compliance perspective, as well as disaster recovering planning and a solid understanding of network and infrastructure best practices.
Together with your technical abilities you'll be adept at communicating with non-technical folk and have strong written skills when it comes to report writing. Above all, we'd love you to bring enthusiasm and a continuous learning mindset to the role.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society