Information Security Analyst
We are looking for an Information Security Analyst to join our growing Information Security team. You will play a pivotal role in delivering the Information and Cyber Security strategy which aims to significantly reduce information and cyber security risks across MPS.
There’s a lot going on as we look to expand our team with a real breadth of opportunity to make a positive change. You will be heavily involved across all areas of Information Security, and you will also have the opportunity to mentor and support junior members of the team.
- Coordinating information security assessments including internal and external audit, regulatory and compliance reviews covering all elements of information security and technology risk.
- Review the current risk management approach and undertake risk management activities including the management and maintenance of the Digital and Change risk register.
- Assist with the creation of new and/or improvement of existing policies and supporting standards and ensure they are embedded accordingly across the organisation.
- Undertake governance and assurance activities to verify compliance against internal security policies, standards, processes, and procedures and against external certification frameworks and regulatory body requirements (Cyber Essentials, ISO27001, PCI, NCSC, GDPR).
- Manage third party security assessments, assist with the design of the supplier management approach and support MPS colleagues with supplier engagement, working with our current managed service provider to bring supplier management back in house
- Engage and educate colleagues across the organisation to instil a security first mindset and be key player in helping to execute the Information and Cyber Security strategy.
- Managing vulnerabilities, assisting with the design and embedding an approach to vulnerability management and supporting all remediation activities.
- Working closely with the security operations centre (SOC) you will triage alerts and identify threats, passing on recommendations to various technical teams within the Digital and Change
- Develop and maintain policies and standards and will ensure these standards are embedded across the project portfolio and the wider organisation
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previously held either a governance, risk and compliance and/or SOC based role
- Designed, developed, and implemented information security policies, supporting standards, processed and procedures
- Experience in supplier management including the undertaking of third-party supplier security assessments
- Effective organisational, analytical, and independent problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Cyber Essentials, ISO27001, GDPR, PCI
- Practical experience of vulnerability management, incident response, data loss prevention
- Experience of managing risk and recommendation of mitigating actions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Experience of working with both Technical and Non-Technical Teams
- Experience of analysing and articulating risk and the associated impact to both technical and non-technical audiences
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous matched pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme - up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society