IT Vendor Manager
The IT Vendor Manager will have overall responsibility for the supplier management and governance process. They will develop the capabilities of the service providers and apply disciplined vendor management policies and govern within the MPS Vendor Management Framework to achieve the best business outcomes with strong vendor governance.
- Support the transition of contract management to the central finance function
- Assisting in the development of contracts or other documents for third party suppliers in light with MPS procedures and alignment with those of the business (eg SLAs)
- Facilitating cross functional communication and work efforts between Vendor Managers and the Finance IT Category manager.
- Working with central procurement, ensure that any contractual disputes are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner
- Maintaining a process for dealing with the expected end, early end or transfer of a service
- Monitoring and reviewing supplier service performance against targets, identifying improvement actions as appropriate and ensuring these actions are implemented.
- Assist with the identification of new or changing supplier requirements, such as reviewing Request For Change to assess impact of changes on existing contracts
- Managing performance and mitigating risk for vendors aligned to High risk services.
- Evaluate new suppliers, including performing risk assessments and business impact analyses.
- Contribute to the categorisation of suppliers and contracts, including the identification of preferred suppliers
- Hold supplier service review meetings on a regular basis, ensuring remedial actions are taken when deficiencies are identified
- Manage the scheduled end of term of a contract (including its renewal or cessation), or its early termination
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge and Qualifications
- ITIL Service Capability – Service Offerings & Agreements
- ITIL Service Lifecycle – Service Design
- Previous Supplier vendor management experience across a large enterprise
- Experience of developing supplier contracts
- Practical experience of chairing meetings
- Good negotiating skills, especially when determining the contents of new contracts or managing contractual disputes
- Educational skills, providing training and guidance to staff involved in executing process activities
- Ability to work with, influence and communicate with all levels of staff within the organisation, and especially partners and other related third parties
- Excellent attention to detail
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society