Head of Reserving and Capital
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
The purpose of this role is to provide strong leadership to ensure the training, competence, performance and engagement of the Actuarial team who are focussed on delivering for members, have clarity on their accountabilities and comply with all governance, policy standards and processes.
You will provide a technical point of reference for escalation of actuarial queries but seek to remain above the granularity of the detail and provide operational and commercial leadership whilst developing a culture of high performance and ensuring talent pipelines remain strong.
- Lead the delivery of appropriately reviewed reserving calculations for use in MPS’s balance sheet
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Commercial strategy and plan to time, cost and quality.
- Lead the delivery of the MPS internal capital model
- Lead analysis of claims and reinsurance
- Present to and influence at board level within
- Lead the reinsurance purchase for MPS
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries and have an expert knowledge of reserving and capital. It will be important that you have a sound specialised mathematics knowledge and keen analytical eye. We are seeking a professional who enjoys managing and coaching a team and is able to translate complex mathematical insight into business strategy across all stakeholder groups.
- Car allowance of £9340
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 22% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- London Weighting
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society