Head of Foundation
An exciting new opportunity has arisen on a permanent basis for a Head of Foundation to take the lead in establishing the MPS Foundation.
This Foundation will fund and commission research globally, to help members provide better care for their patients and improve their own wellbeing.
The role of Head of MPS Foundation will have a global reach taking the lead on the delivery of the MPS Research Foundation. You will drive the Foundation’s annual global grant programme, research competitions and ensure the effective commissioning of research activities.
Aligning with the MPS 'MADE' Strategy (this encompasses three strategic pillars - Member First, People and Data) and working in conjunction with senior stakeholders across the business, the role will define and implement the MPS Foundation’s strategic and annual plan including its global research programmes.
- Establishing the Annual Grant and Competition programme and attracting global participation
- To build and maintain strong relationships with the business, senior stakeholders (Executive Team and Council) and external stakeholders ensuring the buy in, successful delivery and governance of the Foundation
- To support the Foundation Board and enable it to provide effective governance and ensure that risks to delivery and benefit realisation are understood and mitigated or accepted
- Ensure the integrity of the Grant Programmes and Research Competitions by ensuring quality assurance processes are in place and applied.
- Develop the Foundation’s capability to commission research
- Keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice with regard to all elements of the Foundation and its activities
The Ideal Candidate
You will have excellent organisational and planning skills, with an ability to prioritise key tasks and a strong focus on delivering them.
As this is a new role within our organisation, you will need to show a level of determination and drive to succeed, overcoming obstacles and challenges and focusing on finding positive and creative solutions.
You will be working with colleagues at all levels across the business so your influencing and communication skills will be key to your success.
Previous experience leading and managing teams in a matrix environment will be essential. In addition, experience of managing grant programmes and working with and commissioning external providers whilst assuring quality and cost will also be beneficial.
- Car allowance of £2,335
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 22%
- Family Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society