HR Lead (Policy & Advice)
We have a great opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join us in our People and Culture (P&C) division. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of People and Culture, the Policy and Advice lead is a key member of our P&C leadership team.
The main purpose of this role is to lead the Policy and Advice function, ensuring our policies remain fair and inclusive, compliant, fit for purpose and in line with strategy.
This is a busy role that will give you the opportunity to demonstrate a wide variety of skills and knowledge, ranging from ER and policy development to project management and people leadership.
- As the HR landscape continually changes the Policy and Advice lead will keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; recommending opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective in HR and people practices.
- Maintaining an understanding of HR best practice in order to promote high performance, coach and develop other members of the People & Culture department and demonstrate values and behaviours in accordance with company standards.
- Building a strong internal and external network to inform continuous professional development, and contribute thought-leadership on people policies and practice that will further enhance People and Culture’s contribution to business performance.
Full details of this position can be found on the Role Profile
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate most or all of the following skills and competencies:
- Experience of working in a senior HR role, ideally with operational HR management experience.
- Detailed knowledge of HR and ER approaches
- Up to date knowledge on employment law and HR policies, procedures, governance and best practice.
- Experience of working in a regulated background, exposure to an insurance environment would be a huge advantage.
It would be an advantage to us if you are confident in writing and presenting reports and policies, an interest in D&I and wellbeing is desirable and it is essential that you enjoy stakeholder and supplier management.
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the current COVID pandemic most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- Minimum 15% pension
- Private medical insurance
- Health care cash plan
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society