Group Risk and Controls Manager
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a forward thinker to join the Group Risk & Compliance team as a Group Risk and Controls Manager.
As one of the main aims of MPS’ strategy focuses on how we manage and control our exposure to risk, the Group Risk and Controls Manager will play a pivotal role in developing, implementing and managing a robust Controls framework and Control testing plan. As the Group Risk and Controls Manager, you will also work closely with other MPS business areas to establish and monitor risk and controls within their areas.
- Implement and embed an effective MPS Control Framework which improves oversight and reporting of MPS risk controls
- Provide challenge to risk owners to ensure they consider and demonstrate appropriate controls
- Ensure that the MPS Control Framework and Control Testing Plan highlights where control improvements are needed or could lead to a failure
- Support the design and delivery of training for colleagues which embeds a positive culture and environment of advocacy of risk management and compliance and in particular a robust control environment
- Support the delivery and continuous development of the Group Risk Management Framework which will improve strategic and operational business decisions
The Ideal Candidate
As the new Group Risk and Controls Manager, you will have experience in managing risk within a regulated service environment (ideally insurance, but not essential) alongside details knowledge of enterprise risk management and its application.
The ideal candidate will have robust stakeholder management skills, the ability to drive change and a forward-thinking risk management mindset.
Please see the attached role profile for a more in-depth look into this opportunity and the skills and experience you will need to set you up for success in the role.
Diversity and Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Hybrid working (Leeds office)
- Generous pension contributions; minimum 15% (12% company and 3% from you) to maximum 21% (15% company 6% from you)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society