Group Risk Manager - Finance
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a forward thinking, analytical individual to join the Group Risk & Compliance team as a Group Risk Manager – Finance.
As one of the main aims of MPS’ strategy focuses on how we manage risk, the Group Risk Manager will play a pivotal role in leading the ongoing development and delivery of our Risk strategy. You will be providing 2nd line oversight of MPS capital management, validation of internal models alongside conducting stress and scenario testing, risk appetite and risk reviews.
- Lead the development and ongoing delivery of 2nd Line model testing and validation for all components of internal models, ensuring validation processes, outputs and documentation reflect tangible improvement and enhancement from previous cycle
- Lead the development, delivery and ongoing management of the Risk and Solvency assessment process
- Own the MPS Model Governance Framework and development, delivery and robust ongoing management of associated procedures
- Influence and deliver clear messages regarding financial risk across the organisation
- Deputise for the Executive Director - Risk & Compliance or Senior Group Risk Manager for assigned areas of responsibility
The Ideal Candidate
As our new Group Risk Manager - Finance, you will have a keen analytical mindset and likely hold an Accounting, Actuarial Science or similar qualification. You will have a good understanding of solvency II and regulatory actuarial and risk management gained within an insurance environment.
The ideal candidate be a forward thinker who is keen to take the initiative and drive forward business improvements which contribute to the success of MPS. You will have excellent attention to detail, alongside sound relationship management skills including the ability to influence and challenge senior stakeholders.
Please see the attached role profile for a more in-depth look into this opportunity and the skills and experience you will need to set you up for success in the role.
- Car allowance £2,335
- Annual bonus scheme up to 22%
- Generous pension contributions; minimum 15% (12% company and 3% from you) to maximum 21% (15% company 6% from you)
- 30 days annual leave, plus flexible bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell up to 5 days holiday
- Private Medical Insurance - family cover
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society