Group Risk & Compliance Analyst
The purpose of the role is to support the Risk and Compliance division in the delivery and analysis of risk and compliance management information (MI). To develop and manage clear and accurate reporting that facilitates enhanced oversight and quality decision making within MPS.
- Working with the Senior Group Risk Manager to develop Key Risk Indicator reporting to monitor our exposure against our Risk Appetite.
- Delivery of timely risk MI and reporting
- Day to day maintenance of the MPS risk management system on behalf of the Division, including user lists
- Act as key liaison with Group IT for system support.
- Hands on support to the Business Risk Partner to ensure business areas have assessed their risks; are maintaining their risk registers; have appropriate controls and action plans in place; and that a high quality standard of record keeping is maintained.
- Working with the wider Risk and Compliance Division to ensure that internal and external Risk and Compliance MI and reporting requirements are met.
- Support the design and delivery of training for the MPS risk management system
- Take personal accountability for own training, competence, performance and engagement of self and colleagues ensuring clarity on own accountabilities and comply with all governance, policy standards and processes.
- Delivery of accurate and fit for purpose risk reporting which enables informed decision-making
- Identify and report risks and issues identified within Risk and Compliance and across MPS to enable resolution and mitigation of potential impact on MPS, members and colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of risk management within a regulated financial services organisation with a strong leaning towards operational conduct and compliance risk. Ideally they will have a detailed knowledge of enterprise risk management and its practical and proportionate application.
They will need excellent communication skills, be highly numerate with a keen eye for detail, as well as a sound grasp of all IT packages.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society