Group Risk Business Partner
MPS are recruiting a newly created Group Risk Business Partner to join a team that is growing quickly and taking an active role in shaping the future of the organisation on a Global scale. You will be joining a high performing team which will provide fantastic career development opportunities as the function continues to thrive.
The role will work closely with MPS business areas to assess the risks and controls within their areas as well as providing a consolidated view of risk to the Executive and Council. To support the Senior Group Risk Manager in the oversight of the MPS Risk Management Framework and all its component parts.
- Role model the importance of robust risk management and compliance across MPS
- Support the design and maintenance of risk policies and procedures which meet business and legislative and/or regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that Incidents are managed within policy requirements and that business areas have appropriate actions in place to manage them
- Deputise for the Senior Group Risk Manager for assigned areas of responsibility.
- As the compliance and risk landscape continually changes, keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; identify and recommend opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective in risk management.
- Oversight and challenge MPS systems and controls in respect of risk management, policy adherence and process compliance, including identifying opportunities to strengthen and improve standards
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a proven professional with the ability to influence and communicate at all levels within a business. Risk management experience within a regulated and fast paced environment is essential and you should be able to demonstrate strong principles in managing risk across a complex organisation, embedding new processes and keeping abreast of regulatory and legal challenges.
It is a prerequisite of the role that you conduct yourself with the highest level of integrity and gain the trust and respect of colleagues and are seen to as the flag bearer for best practice across the organisation.
- Car allowance of £2335
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society