Group Facilities Operations Manager
As a member of the divisional leadership team the purpose of the role is to drive exceptional facilities and business services support to the MPS’s Global portfolio of offices and provide safe working environments for visitors and MPS colleagues. The role will also lead on Business Continuity and Health & Safety activity across the MPS Group in a way that enhances services to our members and optimises operational efficiency.
The responsibilities of this role will include the following:
- Lead the Business services team to deliver on a programme of agreed projects across MPS Group
- Define and deliver the Facilities strategy, ensuring that activities comply with the necessary regulatory and legal standards and are in accordance with any policy standards and risk frameworks set by Council
- Input to MPS governance forums including Council, Management Oversight Committee, Operational Risk Committee and Audit & Risk Committee and the Executive Team, to ensure that MPS operates within risk appetite, and decision makers are fully informed and equipped as to where opportunities exist.
- Design, deliver and manage the MPS Group Business Continuity Plan including Facilities Disaster Recovery (DR) to ensure operational efficiency/recovery and provide good member experience.
- Provide strong directional leadership and ensure the training, competence, performance and engagement of all direct reports.
- Deliver effective support, management and maintenance (hard/soft facilities services) of MPS’s Global portfolio of offices to ensure safe and healthy working environments for visitors and MPS colleagues.
Comprehensive details of the role can be found on the role profile.
The Ideal Candidate
- You'll be IOSH or NEBOSH qualified with really strong knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Extensive experience of estates and facilities management
- Experience of leading a team in an inhouse or outsourced facilities environment
- You'll be able to demonstrate experience in Business Continuity, and Disaster Management, and working cross functionally with other departments in both areas.
- Project management & delivery skills
- Clear, effective and influential communication skills as you'll need the courage and ability to challenge stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with an ability to prioritise key tasks and strong focus on delivering them
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence interviews or close applications prior to the original closing date so please do not delay in applying.
- Minimum 15% company pension contribution (Up to 21%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual bonus - performance related
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society