Group Compliance Monitoring Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Compliance Monitoring Manager to join our Group Risk and Compliance (GR&C) team based in either Leeds or London!
As a Group Compliance Monitoring Manager, you will be working closely with our business areas to ensure that appropriate compliance is in place and good outcomes are being delivered; this might be supporting our Marketing department with how we express ourselves externally or reviewing our sales processes and activities to ensure we are providing the best service to our Members.
You will also support the development and delivery of our compliance and control frameworks to ensure the Medical Protection Society is managing and controlling relevant regulatory and conduct risks within risk appetite.
This role sits under MPS Hybrid Persona meaning there will be a blend of home and office-based working (Leeds), to suit you and the needs of the business. This is flexible, but typically this will be 1-2 days per week on-site.
As our new Group Compliance Monitoring Manager, you will be:
- Support the delivery of the Group Risk and Compliance strategy, including the annual compliance plan and monitoring plan and contribute to the development and delivery to plan, cost and quality
- Regularly monitor business areas systems and controls and outputs to ensure policies and processes are being adhered to and to identify any areas of weakness
- Continually monitor for regulatory developments and assist with implementation of any change required by Lloyds, the FCA or any other home state regulator
- Monitor for and provide robust challenge of conduct and regulatory risks and issues arising from business systems, controls and activities which fail to deliver appropriate outcomes
- Assist in the creation of an environment where all colleagues recognise the importance of identifying and managing compliance and conduct risk and act appropriately.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish positive relationships with a wide variety of people
- Ability to work with business areas at all levels to constructively challenge where appropriate
- Compliance experience within the regulated financial services industry (preferably commercial insurance) with a strong leaning towards operational, conduct and compliance risk
- Excellent attention to detail and oral/written communication
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
Alongside a competitive salary as stated above, you will also receive:
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the worlds leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 Members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our Members premiums are either invested into bettering the organisation, its employees and our products, or kept safe should our Members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit Members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want our colleagues to feel empowered enough to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and are determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our Members best interests are at the core.
If you are interested in finding out more, looking for a new role and want to join an organisation that truly values its employees, take a look at the role profile to find out more about the role to apply.
Our Recruitment team are always on hand should you have any questions, are having any technical issues or wish to understand how MPS can support you with your application and interview. You can contact Recruitment by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Protection Society