Financial Reporting Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Reporting Manager to join our Finance team based in Leeds!
As our new Financial Reporting Manager, you will lead your team of three to provide high-quality, technical accounting advice to the business, manage our relationship with the external auditor and produce robust financial and management reports, both for internal and external reporting.
You will also play a pivotal role in the development of our UK and international financial processes and policies, contributing to the sound financial management and financial control of MPS.
This is a hybrid role, with a blend of home and office-based working. As MPS colleagues are spread across the globe, we utilise technology to facilitate our roles with occasional travel to our office in London.
As our new Financial Reporting Manager, you will also:
- Lead the preparation of the Group’s financial accounts, and the accounts of each subsidiary, to ensure these are presented accurately, on time and approved by the Audit and Risk Committee (“ARC”) and Council.
- Provide strong leadership to ensure the training, competence, performance and engagement of your team, focussed on delivering for members.
- Lead the financial accounting function to define and produce operational metrics and insight in reporting to inform business decisions and actions which result in a measurable improvement in business performance.
- Maintain the operation of a robust financial control framework across MPS in compliance with relevant legal and statutory regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualification with at least two-years post qualification experience in a relevant role.
- Extensive skills operating and utilising finance systems, process, with current technical accounting knowledge.
- Experience leading accounting and reporting delivery and ensuring monitoring and focus on internal controls.
- Experience of risk-based businesses, e.g. insurance is desirable
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
Alongside a competitive salary, as stated above, you will also receive:
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers.
About the Company
The Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 Members around the world.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our Members’ premiums are either invested into bettering the organisation, our employees and our products, or kept safe, should our Members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit Members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want our colleagues to feel empowered to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and be determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our Member’s best interests are at the core.
If you are interested in finding out more and want to join an organisation that truly values its employees, take a look at the role profile and apply.
Our recruitment team are always on hand should you have any questions, any technical issues or wish to understand how MPS can support you with your application and interview. You can contact Recruitment by email at email@example.com
Medical Protection Society