Finance Business Partner
As a member of the Finance leadership team, the Finance Business Partner will work closely with all MPS Divisions creating a real and active partnership with senior leaders, supporting and advising their strategic and operational decision-making through insights that drive better business performance.
- Leading, managing and participating in Steering Committees, Project meetings and Divisional leadership meetings; providing direction, conflict resolution, standards of financial management, best practice, and championing value consultancy across MPS; based on rigorous financial analysis
- Establish, lead and enhance finance business partnering capability to the respective Executive Director of their partner areas
- Lead virtual teams across the business that will be responsible for enabling and delivering people, process, reporting and data changes
- Monitoring adherence to Finance policy and procedures; reporting this to relevant managers across the business and liaising to resolve breaches
- As the Finance landscape continually changes, keep abreast of evolving legislation and best practice; recommend opportunities for MPS to become more efficient and effective in Finance practices
- Maintain understanding of Finance best practice in order to promote high performance, coach and develop other members of the Finance department and demonstrate values and behaviours in accordance with company standards
The Ideal Candidate
You will have experience working at Finance Business Partner level previously. We will be looking for experience of stakeholder management at senior/exec level, you're the link between finance and the wider business.
We're looking for someone who's not afraid to challenge business cases and projects, and someone who will think strategically about the broader business agenda.
The following credentials would also be an advantage:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
- Experience working with data dashboards and balance scorecards to aid decision making
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the current pandemic all of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Please note we we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from you)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% of salary
- Family Cover Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays with the option to buy and sell up to 5 days
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Medical Protection Society