Finance Business Partner
We have a great opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join us in our Financial Services division on a Fixed term contract (Mat cover).
The main purpose of this role is to support our Business Development & Engagement and our Commercial Services Divisions creating a real and active partnership with senior leaders, supporting and advising their strategic and operational decision-making through insights that drive better business performance.
- Lead, support and challenge the relevant Executive Director and senior leadership team on delivering value creating commercial insights and advisory support, driving performance in line with the overall corporate strategy and objectives.
- Lead the budgetary planning cycle and quarterly forecasting rounds for respective divisions, advising on key business planning assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities for their partner areas to ensure sound financial management within MPS.
- Combining a unique mix of strategic level thinking with 'getting into the detail'. Carrying out income modelling, planning and forecasting and also supporting on various projects and business improvement initiatives.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience working a Finance Business Partner level previously. We will be looking for experience of stakeholder management at senior/exec level, ability to work in a fast paced, commercial environment and good excel and IT skills.
The following credentials would also be an advantage:
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
- Experience working with data dashboards and balance scorecards to aid decision making
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in a regulated environment
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the current COVID pandemic all of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- Minimum 15% pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Health care cash plan
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society