We have a newly created role for a Finance Analyst to join the team here at MPS. You will be joining a large organisation where you will be rewarded with a diversity of opportunities and will have scope to develop within a rapidly changing, niche healthcare market.
As a Finance Analyst you will participate in the management of varied internal reporting, detailed business analysis, performance management and operational planning/forecasting to improve the financial performance of the MPS Group.
The role will work closely with our Finance Business Partners whilst being a key part of the Accounting & Financial Reporting team.
Initially the role will have a keen P&L focus with scope to expand into other areas. You'll review our management accounts and internal reporting information to ensure this is complete, accurate and timely whilst building a picture of key trends and anomalies.
- Supporting the delivery of ad-hoc, Management Information to assist business leaders to make informed decisions.
- Working with the Performance and Planning team, and other stakeholders, to assist in the development of the budget process, including use of dedicated software.
- Hands on support to the Finance Business Partners and operational Finance teams to ensure transactions are correctly and appropriately treated as well as accurately recorded.
- Provide support in the financial year end process, liaising with stakeholders within the external audit team and the wider business, where appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
You may be ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified, or part qualified, and aspiring to join an organisation which will offer you lots of opportunity to develop in your career.
You will need a good understanding of performance metrics and P&L disclosures alongside previous experience of input into budget processes.
As we look to evolve it would be great if you had previous involvement in systems and/or processes improvement.
Diversity and Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays and the option to buy and sell up to 5 days
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society