Your key responsibility will be to provide and maintain an effective and efficient facilities support service to members, staff and visitors, ensuring a safe and secure working environment.
- Co-ordinate safety procedures for health and safety, first aid and fire. Ensure maintenance of the Society’s office space and contents for the health and safety of all staff and visitors.
- Act as a designated security representative for the Society’s offices. Ensure that the correct security procedures are maintained and carry out regular reviews of the systems in place. Retain a key to the main key cabinet for the site and ensure that the correct security procedures are used for the allocation of keys. Act as an emergency call out representative for the site.
- To operate and maintain these systems to their full potential. Issue new swipe cards to staff and keep the system updated on a daily basis. Any faults are to be reported and rectified as soon as possible. To produce monthly departmental management reports detailing exceptions and access data as required by the Facilities Manager.
- To issue parking permits and enable electronic access to the car park and conduct spot checks on the car park access/egress systems. Maintain the car park waiting list and ensure the intranet is kept up to date. Keep the car park map updated and available on the intranet. Spot checks as required to check for parking violations and report these to the Facilities Manager.
- Ensure routine repairs/ maintenance items are dealt with promptly and effectively and if necessary arrange a contractor to attend site. Ensure all reactive maintenance is actioned, reviewed and entered/closed on the Facilities Management Maintenance System.
- Ensure that all information for contracts is administered correctly and readily available for reference. Approve invoices and forward to the Facilities Manager for authorisation.
- Liaise with stationery supply company to ensure that best prices are obtained. Request reports from main stationary supplier and review on a quarterly basis to ensure that best prices are obtained, that the core list accurately reflects items used. Provide a short report to the Facilities Manager.
- Ensure that all areas MPS buildings and the external site areas remain tidy at all times
- Building inspections are to be carried out in line with the Facilities Manager’s direction. All faults are to be recorded and entered onto the Facilities Management Maintenance System and actioned/followed up until closed.
- This role will involve deputising for the Facilities Manager during periods of absence/sickness or working away from the Leeds Office.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society