The Member Protection and Support Division is at the forefront of protecting the careers, reputations and financial risk of our members worldwide. The purpose of the role is to provide trusted and valued dentolegal services to our members.
The purpose of the role is to provide dentolegal case management services. Our DentoLegal Consultants (DLC's) advise members by telephone, in correspondence and face to face, about a wide variety of dentolegal and ethical issues affecting their professional practice. This can include, but is not limited to: complaints, claims, inquests, disciplinary and regulatory hearings, or a combination of one or more of these.
- Advise on dento legal and ethical issues affecting members’ professional practice and manage own caseload including advice, complaints, reports, claims, inquests, disciplinary and regulatory hearings which are more complex/higher profile.
- Be point of contact for technical expert/escalation for dentolegal work using such opportunities to coach and develop our people to deliver in accordance with governance, policy and process assuring positive outcomes for the member and membership fund.
- Deliver fair treatment and outcomes for members and compliance with associated governance, policies and standards set out by Council, its committees and delegated authorities.
- Manage informal complaints / expressions of dissatisfaction to achieve first touch resolution for our members and in accordance with policy standards and process ensuring fair outcomes for members, the membership fund.
- Please see the Role Profile for full responsibilities.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful DLC candidates are required to have both graduate and postgraduate medical degrees and/or diplomas and to be fully registered and licensed with a recognised regulator.
A healthcare law qualification and/or experience in a dento-legal setting would be advantageous but is not essential.
To be considered for the role you will also need to be able to demonstrate commercial awareness and operational understanding.
The role will be based in Pretoria working 18.75 hours per week
Due to the urgency of these roles we may commence interviews prior to the closing date so please submit your application as soon as possible.
21 days leave plus 12 bank holiday days (pro rata for part time roles)
Private Medical allowance
Performance related bonus up to 15% (for permanent roles)
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society