Database Administrator - FTC
The purpose of the Database Administrator role is to manage and maintain MPS data functions to ensure the high availability of all business-critical databases and overall performance of the MPS data systems.
The successful candidate will support assigned projects/initiatives ensuring delivery of projects to time, cost and quality and that can demonstrate a return on investment. We are seeking a proactive person who can formulate and deliver a database strategy consistent with the requirements of business objectives.
- Working with other D&C Teams to deliver effective Database Management to internal colleagues and Teams, making best use of the tools available.
- Working across with the wider Digital & Change division to deliver Change of varying complexity in line with defined processes and adhering to in place governance.
- Seek opportunities to improve service delivery, contributing ideas and making suggestions on how processes, tooling, solutions and ways of working can be enhanced, taking the initiative on implementing these where possible.
- As the data technology landscape continually changes, keep abreast of evolving trends, solutions and principles; making recommendations for improvement to data infrastructure where relevant as to how MPS could utilise these.
- Undertaking other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the role holder that are appropriate to the level or role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience of enterprise database design, strategy and architecture
- Working in a fast-paced team based environment
- Significant experience of working with SQL Server in a production environment
- Working in a change-controlled environment
- Experience of delivering technical projects from design to implementation
- Performance tuning and optimisation using monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience of T-SQL development
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society