Data and MI Analyst
Our Product & Pricing team in MPS consists of product experts, pricing specialists, data scientists and data and MI experts. They exist to deliver market-leading pricing and product capability to our members, underpinned by cutting-edge data science & services.
We are seeking to recruit a Data and MI Analyst on a 12 month fixed term contract to provide expertise to the Product & Pricing function in terms of its processes/tools/techniques, analysis and execution/implementation capabilities.
The team are at the forefront of managing the financial risk of MPS worldwide. The Data & MI Analyst will be a technical analyst responsible for the provision of management information based on membership, claim, non-claim and financial information.
- Assist the Senior Data and MI Analyst with the maintenance and development of MPS’s data warehouse and subsidiary analytical systems, determining the analytical requirements for enhancements to the business intelligence suite and making sure that data quality is of the highest standard.
- Assist in the design, build and maintenance of the analysis systems used to support pricing and underwriting projects (triangles, subscriptions determination responses for UK GPs, consultants, Irish GPs and consultants and South Africa medical members). Integrate these into the systems in 1) above. Continue to look to improve the way that MPS understands its business from the data that it holds. Generally, to prepare reports relating to subscription rates and grades as required for Management Information and Marketing purposes
- Assist the Senior Data and MI Analyst with the maintenance and development of MPS’s data science models, including maintaining governance around use and application of the models across the business
- Be responsible for liaising with IT and other end user departments to ensure that software is up to date and deployed correctly including dealing with all day to day Grimm implementation requirements
- Provide assistance within Pricing Projects as identified by the Pricing Consultant in conjunction with the Head of Product and Pricing, making sure projects proceed as planned, answering any queries relating to progress and attending project meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society