Data Science Analyst
The Data Science Analyst will be a technical analyst responsible for assisting the Data Scientist in maintaining and running data science models to enhance MPS’s ability to price competitively, underwrite effectively, acquire and retain members efficiently and design and develop products that meet and exceed the needs of members.
- Extract, mine and understand MPS’s data by exploring further areas by which MPS can price as well as looking at further measures, such as lapse rates, lifetime value and contribution.
- Work with the Pricing Analyst to support pricing and reserving work by using advanced statistical multivariate techniques where appropriate.
- Work with the MI and Data Analyst to ‘productionise’ existing and future models to ensure that there is a strict model governance, change process as well as agility to make any adjustments.
- Monitor the performance of existing models and ‘iterate’, where required, by considering new data and new modelling techniques.
- Assist the MI and Data Analyst with the maintenance and development of Product & Pricing’s databases and subsidiary analytical systems, by identifying areas for data cleansing and improvement.
- ’Speculate’ on what existing, but unused, data can be considered during modelling processes, identifying data quality issues.
- Assist the Data Scientist in areas where data science techniques can be utilised to enhance decisions and provide real business benefit.
- Undertake other duties and tasks that from time to time may be allocated to the role holder that are appropriate to the level or role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong MS Excel (VBA and Pivots) and MS Word
- Experience in development and maintenance of statistical models
- Relevant analytical experience
- Analytical project management and problem solving skills
- Pragmatic business sense including understanding of finance, accounting, economics,
- Working knowledge of Python/R
- Familiarity with SQL
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society