Data Preparation Analyst
Due to growth within the division and exciting projects on the horizon, we are looking for an engaging and analytical individual to join the team as a Data Preparation Analyst.
The Data team curate information and data for the Commercial Services division. Taking information straight from our businesses core systems, it is then transformed into meaningful data that will be used by the Product and Pricing and Actuarial Services teams.
The Data Preparation Analyst will quickly come to understand our core business applications and the information they contain as well as the product structures and business methodologies used to deliver service to members. You will also take the lead on an exciting project where we will build an in-house system that will test out the impact of changes to memberships from a pricing perspective.
- Assist the Senior Data Preparation Analyst with the maintenance and development of Product and Pricing, Reserving and Capital and Underwriting databases and subsidiary analytical systems (including BI tools).
- Assist in the design, build and maintenance of the analysis systems used to support pricing and underwriting projects.
- Assist with projects, making sure they go as planned, answering any queries relating to progress and attending meetings.
- Continually look to improve the way that MPS understands its business from the data that it holds.
- Prepare reporting relating to subscription rates and grades as required for Management Information and Marketing purposes.
- Assist the Data Scientists with the maintenance and development of MPS’s data science models, including maintaining governance around use and application of the models across the business.
- Provide responses to requests for ad hoc data requests.
- Be responsible for liaising with IT and other end user departments to ensure that software is up to date and deployed correctly including dealing with all day-to-day Grimm implementation requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will either hold a numerical or computer literacy degree or come with practical work experience in a reporting, analytical or data role.
Fundamental to this role is being able to engage with your stakeholders, so you will have excellent communication skills and appreciate working collaboratively.
With an analytical mindset, you are confident with SQL and have a keenness for problem solving and innovation. You are a self-starter who enjoys working with autonomy and are a fast and proactive learner.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous pension contributions; minimum 15% (3% from you) to maximum 21% (6% from you)
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society