We have an exciting opportunity for a highly-experienced Data Engineer to join our Data and Analytics team based in Leeds!
As we develop as an organisation, our need for understanding our data becomes ever more important. Data drives business decisions and without understanding where our data comes from, we limit ourselves with what we want to achieve. This is why we need you!
Working alongside our Head of Data, you will help develop and construct our data products, analyse raw data and play a key role in transforming our data to drive MPS forward.
As our Data Engineer, you will utilise your analytical and problem-solving skills to provide the link between data preparation and data analysis, liaise closely with key stakeholders to understand business needs and contribute to the deliver of our Data and Analytics strategy.
- Building accessible data and patterns to support the wider organisations and promote self-serve
- Playing a pivotal role in the delivery and governance of reporting, analytics and the quality of data
- Driving business decisions and performance by allowing MPS to better understand its data
- Developing data services that are fit for purpose, resilient and future proof
The Ideal Candidate
- A keen, analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Strong data management experience and the ability to construct complex queries using T-SQL
- Hands on experience of Microsoft Azure including (but not limited to) Azure Data Factory (ADF) and/or Synapse, Azure SQL DB, Azure Data Lake etc
- Experience of using Azure Dev Ops: Boards, Repos & Pipelines (classic and/or YAML)
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with a NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society