Data Analyst - FTC
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
The purpose of the role is to support technical and strategic direction to multiple areas of D&C in the development of technical data warehouse solutions using an effective blend of strategic and tactical focus.
Responsible for assisting in the development business solutions that interface with applications/tooling and the Enterprise data warehouse. This also includes designing data structures and access methods.
Collaborating with stakeholders to understand their needs, formulate and complete end-to-end analysis that includes business requirements to technical translation, data discovery, proposing architectural designs, developing solution designs including logical and physical data modelling, and producing ongoing scaled deliverables and presentations.
- To design and oversee the implementation of best-fit technical data tools to project and strategic requirements.
- Manage relationship with COE in relation to business data (internal as well external) to ensure business needs are fulfilled on time
- Engage with stakeholders and programme teams to shape and scope upcoming projects.
- Interpreting Data warehouse requirements and documenting them in line with design specifications.
- Working alongside PMs and tech leads to understand functional and non-functional data management and requirements.
- Understand modern Industry trends and develop in-depth analyses and data platform solutions that provide actionable tasks.
- Prepare and carry out DWH analysis new projects
- The performance of all tasks and production of appropriate project documentation to ensure the successful capture of requirements to support business change. This will typically involve:
- Logical and physical data modelling
- Understand the business and capture data warehouse requirements from business with alignment of the CoE
The Ideal Candidate
- Data Modelling and information flow diagrams.
- Develop and enhance physical data models in line with new and changing requirements and define and own modelling within a delivery team from a physical perspective on a day to day basis.
- Provide consultancy and technical support across the business.
- Supporting, defining and managing work packages that deliver elements of an information management solution e.g. data warehouse, data mart, ETL service, operational data store.
- Identify the most appropriate people from whom to elicit information, and also capable of deciding how best to resolve conflicting requirements (including knowing when to escalate issues).
- Provide relevant information and guidance to senior management to help make major decisions and recommendations regarding business change projects.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society