Corporate Services Lead
We are excited to be looking for an experienced leader, with a passion for motivating their teams to drive improvements to join as our Corporate Services Lead.
You will play a key role in leading our newly formed Corporate Services Department in the business, working with a team of experienced Team Leaders to further establish the value this function can bring to the business.
In this role, you will empower and enable the Corporate Services department to deliver a variety of critical administrative and operational support services to internal stakeholders across MPS globally, identifying opportunities, aligning processes, and improving outcomes for our members.
Working alongside senior leaders in MPS, you will lead the Corporate Services department to create a model which enhances operational efficiency and effectiveness through leveraging technology and resource optimisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join MPS where you will be empowered to make a real difference. There is significant opportunity to drive positive change in the business as well as an opportunity for you to personally grow in role.
This role sits under MPS’ ‘Hybrid Persona’ meaning there will be a blend of home and office-based working (Leeds), to suit you and the needs of the business. This is flexible, but typically this will be 1-2 days per week on-site.
- Contribute to developing a one-team, service-based mindset, and culture across the Corporate Services function.
- Focus on identifying opportunities across the Corporate Services department for cross skilling across roles whilst enabling better management of the peak and flow in workload.
- Seek to improve and optimise existing day to day operational foundations whilst maintaining high standards of service to colleagues and members.
- Compile wider business requirements and opportunities in collaboration with Divisions and operational teams.
- Closely monitor the daily operations as well as SLA’s and conduct further investigation and analysis if needed for continuous improvement in systems, processes, and resource management.
- Develop and deliver all necessary systems, policies and procedures which enable value for money for members.
- Lead for a culture focussed on continuous improvement and project management to drive operational efficiency and great member experiences and outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have proven operational leadership experience, ideally gained within a Shared Service/Corporate Service environment.
An excellent communicator, you are someone who leads, motivates, and can engage with both internal and external stakeholders.
You will have experience driving critical change programmes (such as operational performance, process or culture).
A leader with a strategic mindset, you drive for innovation and come with lean/continuous improvement experience.
You are a self-starter with initiative, as well as the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous matched pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Option to buy or sell holidays
- 6X salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society