Corporate Services Assistant
We are looking for a proactive and confident individual, with experience working in an operations support/office admin/reception type role, to join the team in London as a Corporate Services Assistant.
This is a diverse role covering a broad range of duties including:
- Business services support – providing admin support service to all Members and divisions ensuring service delivery excellence, such as supporting the Member Cases and Claims division processing member correspondence.
- Facilities support - such as welcoming visitors on reception and the management of office supplies.
- Team Leader support activities - working closely with the Team Leaders based in Leeds, you will act as the main point of contact for the small and dedicated London team, answering colleague queries and conducting monthly 121s and performance reviews.
This role is based on site in our London office, located in The Shard, and will be well suited for someone looking for a varied and interesting role, with clear progression opportunities.
- Support the team to facilitate a timely and efficient response to members and colleagues.
- Effective management of electronic/paper files in line with GDPR regulations.
- Provide cross departmental support where required to ensure KPIs are met, and service standards are maintained.
- Provide end to end facilities support (such as reception duties, member meeting room maintenance and hospitality, incoming and outgoing post, visitor booking, management of stationery and supplies stock, administration, health & safety, security and maintenance).
- Carry out the applicable health and safety office evacuation policies and procedures as required.
- Carry out on site first aid and fire marshal support to colleagues and members in accordance with training and guidance.
- Working closely with the Team Leaders, carry out support activities, such as conducting 121s and performance reviews.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience working in an operations support/office administration/reception type role and be familiar with using Microsoft Office packages.
An effective communicator, you work well in a team and enjoy taking a proactive approach in your work, often pre-empting requirements from stakeholders and taking action.
You will be well used to working to tight deadlines whilst producing consistently accurate work and have strong attention to detail, spotting errors before they become a problem.
As we are looking for someone to act as the main point of contact for colleagues, it would be advantageous if you have previous experience managing/providing leadership support to a small team.
You will likely have experience being a first aider or fire warden, but this will be included in your training.
Diversity and Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- £4,920 London weighting allowance
- Generous matched pension scheme
- Annual bonus scheme - up to 10%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave (plus flexible bank holidays) and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society