Compliance Monitoring Manager
The responsibilities of the Group Risk and Compliance division is to define and maintain the Risk Management Framework and provide risk and compliance advisory support to MPS globally.
This is a brand new role to join a department that is still very much in its infancy within MPS. With this comes significant challenge, opportunity but a real sense of excitement as we are growing a fantastic team under the brilliant leadership of an approachable and engaged Exec Director who has the attention of the wider Exec and Council to ensure MPS understands the risks as a business and adheres to its processes, to ensure that we make better informed decisions which should ultimately contribute to the success of MPS and its Members.
Work alongside the Senior Group Compliance Officer to ensure MPS can evidence compliance with its business and regulatory/legislative requirements. To support the Senior Group Compliance Officer in the oversight of the MPS Compliance Framework and all its component parts.
- Implement and maintain the MPS Group Compliance Monitoring Plan to deliver compliance with business and legislative and/or regulatory requirements.
- Regularly monitor business areas systems and controls to ensure policies and processes are being adhered to and to identify any areas of weakness.
- Work with Business Areas to ensure that deadlines are understood for business and legislative and/or regulatory reporting obligations.
- Continually monitor for regulatory developments and assist with implementation of any change required by Lloyds, the FCA or any other home state regulator.
- Maintain records to satisfy evidential requirements of compliance, including financial crime.
- Support the design and delivery of training for colleagues preparing for professional qualifications and perform ongoing monitoring of staff training to ensure a policy of continuous professional development is maintained as required.
- Take personal accountability for own training, competence, performance and engagement of self and colleagues ensuring clarity on own accountabilities and comply with all governance, policy standards and processes.Work with all business areas to provide support and challenge in their identification and management of their compliance and conduct risks
- Assist in the creation of an environment where all colleagues recognise the importance of identifying and managing compliance and conduct risk
- Oversight and challenge MPS systems and controls to ensure they are fit for purpose and mitigate compliance and conduct risk
- Identify and report compliance and conduct risks and issues across MPS to enable resolution and mitigation of potential impact on MPS, members and colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a well rounded Compliance Professional with a strong background working within FCA regulated environments. This is a business facing role and you should be confident communicating at all levels of an organisation. Due to current and impending change you will be somebody who is comfortable working at pace in an evolving and challenging landscape which has real opportunity for personal and career development.
- Ability to work with business areas at all levels to constructively challenge where appropriate and add value by working with them to enhance business controls.
- Ability to assess risks that may arise and the impacts upon the Organisation, and find solutions that will work with Business stakeholders.
- Highly numerate
Integrity and ability to gain trust and respect of colleagues and external contacts.
Compliance experience within the regulated financial services industry (preferably insurance) with a strong leaning towards operational, conduct and compliance risk.
Detailed knowledge of the FCA Handbook and Lloyds Minimum Standards (highly desirable but not essential)
- Car allowance of £2335
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society