We have a great opportunity for a complaints specialist to join us in our MP&S division.
The main purpose of this role is to take ownership of high level, high profile and complex complaints and see these through to resolution.
This role will give you the opportunity to have a direct impact on the experience of our members and the reputation of the organisation during your day to day work, but you will also have exposure to interesting project work to help embed this relatively new but important function.
- Managing executive, complex and high profile complaints through to resolution.
- Thoroughly investigating complaints and providing impartial and objective decision making processes.
- Coaching the wider business and the complaints handlers on how to effectively manage and prevent complaints.
- Supporting various projects and getting involved in wider departmental operations.
- Please see the attached role profile for further information
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate the following skills and competencies
- Complaints handling experience, ideally from an insurance or other regulated environment.
- Strong letter writing skills and the ability to converse with complainants in a professional manner. All our responses are bespoke and we do not rely on templates or automated responses.
- Resilience in handling complaints and having difficult conversations with members.
- The ability to investigate with good questioning skills, being comfortable processing large amounts of information and picking out the key parts.
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team (Laura, Julia and Sarah) welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the current COVID pandemic most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and there may be a requirement to return to this office in the future. We do require a level of flexibility on this and will discuss this with shortlisted candidates.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- Minimum 15% pension contribution
- Private medical insurance
- Health care cash plan
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discretionary annual bonus
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society