Claims Team Lead (Operational)
We have a rare and exciting opportunity for a people focused and passionate leader to join the Claims Handling team as an Operational Claims Team Lead at Medical Protection Society, the world’s largest member-owned, not-for-profit medical defence organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals.
The Claims Handling team is large and diverse which manages Medical and Dental claims for members across the globe. As the Operational Claims Team Lead, you will be part of the wider Claims leadership team who are a diverse blend of technical and operational experts.
Utilising your robust operational leadership experience, you will drive a culture which empowers and enables your team to provide a proactive claims handling service, while continuously striving to improve the member journey.
- Lead the performance of the team and department against required key performance targets, quality standards and financial plan, ensuring an effective and cost focused Claims handling service.
- Own the setting of department capacity plan and resource plans through accurately forecasting claims patterns and trends.
- Proactively manage team performance and drive continuous improvement activity locally through the teams.
- Lead the team to provide fair outcomes to members, including effective management of informal complaints.
- Ensure the team complete training and are competent, comply with learning standards and continue to build a pipeline of talent.
- Complete Outcome and Quality Assurance testing, ensuring learnings are fed back to the team and trends are analysed.
- Create an environment of risk identification and management.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is an experienced operational leader with a strategic outlook and passion for supporting and developing people. With strong leadership routines, you have experience running dynamic team huddles, capacity and resource planning, team-based problem solving and managing productivity, cost and quality.
Your experience of operationally leading large teams ideally comes from working within a claims/insurance/regulatory environment.
A confident decision maker with a strong influential style, you enjoy communicating with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external and building quality partnerships. You are someone who can prioritise and delegate, whilst focusing on continuous improvement and leading change to help improve processes and streamline functionality.
Diversity & Inclusion
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
What’s important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered.
If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact our Recruitment Team.
- Generous pension contributions; minimum 15% (3% from you) to maximum 21% (6% from you).
- Discretionary annual bonus up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus 8 flexible bank holidays
- Option to buy and sell holidays
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society