The Claims Manager role sits within our Claims Handling team and is responsible for managing the conduct of Clinical Negligence claims on behalf of our members. These particular vacancies are to manage claims on behalf of our International members.
The vacancies in London will support our members in South East Asia and the Caribbean.
The vacancies in Edinburgh will support our members in Ireland and Scotland.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Overseeing a caseload of claims
- Assessing the facts, law, apportionment issues, quantum and likely costs in order to devise and implement a case management and investigative strategy proportionate to the claim.
- Ensuring accurate claims estimates are set and kept up to date.
- Giving direction and input to to Claims Assistants when required.
- Resolution of any apportionment issues
- Obtaining additional documentary and factual evidence as required from the member(s) and other witnesses
- Commissioning expert reports as required
- Analysing quantum
- Drafting and serving the Letter of Response
- Proactively initiating and engaging in settlement negotiations where appropriate
- The use of ADR/mediation where indicated
- Where external litigation solicitors (MPS Panel) are appointed, continuing to provide ongoing MPS input, strategic direction and instructions through to resolution
The Ideal Candidate
The role requires an individual with a deep understanding of Clinical Negligence law/claims along with the ability to take a strategic approach to claims management.
The ideal candidate will have extensive claims management or litigation experience with a background in clinical negligence, personal injury or professional negligence litigation and excellent analytic, communication and negotiation skills.
- Car allowance
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society