These Claims Assistant vacancies sit within our Claims handling teams. This vacancy is working within one of our International teams that handles legal claims on behalf of our members in regions such as South East Asia, Ireland and the Caribbean. In this role you will provide day to day professional support to the Claims Managers whilst also managing a partial claims case load.
This is a busy and challenging role, working in one of our International claims management teams. You will be working alongside Claims Managers to support them but also managing a small caseload.
This role offers the rare opportunity to get involved with claims in different jurisdictions and work with external overseas panel firms.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- To handle incoming work, this could be claims, queries, correspondence or requests for information.
- Liaise with members, external panel and other third parties to obtain information at the outset of a new matter; carry out conflict checks with panel firms; and prepare standard letters for the instruction of panel, confirming assistance to members and to comply with applicable protocols/statutory requirements.
- Prepare attendance notes following meetings and video conferences with members and stakeholders.
- Review medical records to ensure full disclosure and prepare chronologies of records, case summaries, case reviews in accordance with applicable process/guidance/terms and conditions.
- Working closely with external panel, reviewing advice and providing instructions for the investigation of, and strategy for, each case and keeping members up to date.
- Providing authority to settle/defend claims and costs.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a claims or legal environment, ideally dealing with clinical negligence, personal injury or regulatory matters. We are looking for candidates with strong accuracy and attention to detail, and the role also requires the ability to investigate and analyse information containing both legal and medical/dental terminology.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society