Claims Assistant - Triage team
The Claims Assistant role sits within our Claims Handling department, and supports the handling of legal claims on behalf of our members. In this role you will provide day to day professional support to the Claims Managers.
Working for the triage team you will have the opportunity to learn a lot of new legal and operational skills, you will be allocated a buddy (usually a claims manager) who will be there to support and guide you in your new role as the team are strong on development and progression.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence interviews prior to the closing date so please submit your application as soon as possible.
The responsibilities of this role are:
- To triage incoming post on handler dashboards to proactively identify cases that need immediate attention or a prioritised response
- Liaise with members, external panel and other third parties to obtain information at the outset of a new matter; carry out conflict checks with panel firms; and prepare standard letters for the instruction of panel, confirming assistance to members and to comply with applicable Pre-action Protocols/statutory requirements.
- Prepare attendance notes following meetings and video conferences with members and stakeholders.
- Review medical records, claims notifications and other relevant documents
- Work closely with claims managers to triage all new claims
- Carrying out clinical/legal reviews with internal clinical colleagues
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a claims or legal environment, ideally dealing with clinical negligence, personal injury or regulatory matters. We are looking for candidates with strong accuracy and attention to detail, and the role also requires the ability to investigate and analyse information containing both legal and medical/dental terminology. More importantly, we are looking for someone who is keen to learn, enthusiatic and ambitious.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society