The Cases Lead reports into the Head of Case Handling as is responsible for ensuring the delivery of high quality Case Handling services for our members. The Cases Lead is responsible for coaching and leading a team of circa 11 direct reports (Case Managers and Assistant Case Managers) and will ensure the team is delivering in aspects such as SLA's, cost, quality, resourcing and service/continuous improvement.
- Providing strong operational leadership in relation to people and strategy
- Coaching and developing direct reports
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- Ownership of Case handling operational budgets
- Continuous improvement
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will come from either a clinical or operational background and will be able to demonstrate skills and experience in all or most of the following:
- Leadership and coaching experience
- Operational management experience from an insurance, medical malpractice of other regulated environment.
- Resource planning, productivity management
- Change management
- Third party service delivery
- Car allowance
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 30 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society