We have a requirement for a Dental Case Manager (CM) to join our Case handling team.
As a CM you will work manage a caseload of files, providing assistance to our members on complaints and regulatory/disciplinary matters. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively within the Advisory Team to provide a world class service to our members at all times.
The responsibilities in this role are:
- Advising members by telephone, in correspondence and face to face, about a wide variety of Dento-Legal and ethical issues.
- Investigating and evaluating cases affecting members where there may be a wide spectrum of potential risks to members’ professional standing in order to achieve the best outcome for the member. This can include, but is not limited to: inquests, disciplinary, criminal, regulatory hearings or GDS cases.
- Making case-handling decisions, such as when to escalate to a Dento-Legal Consultant or instruct a Legal Advisor, a barrister, or an expert in individual cases.
- Attending meetings, both remotely and in person, as part of the handling of individual cases, supporting and counselling members.
- Representing members’ interests both in writing and in person, in a wide variety of circumstances, including as part of a disciplinary process, whether involving an employer or a contracting body, a Regulator, Coroner at Inquest or as part of a Criminal investigation.
- To develop and maintain working knowledge of expected professional standards and relevant legislation to advise members
- To proactively manage a caseload of files and ensuring case management in a timely and effective manner.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate investigation and analysis skills. You will have the ability to manage a wide range of complex and challenging situations whilst working autonomously, making case-related decisions, escalating where necessary to more senior members of the team.
The role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high quality oral and written skills and a high attention to detail. Patience, tact and discretion are required when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
Knowledge of professional regulatory frameworks, medical or dental terminology and previous experience of assisting with file/case handling is an advantage but not essential.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
We are extremely interested in candidates who are considering a career change from a clinical role. This role is suitable for candidates currently in roles including: Paramedics, Nurses, Dental nurses, Junior/Trainee Dr's and Dentists, ODP's, Allied health professionals and other similar clinical roles. We appreciate a career change is a daunting decision but full induction, training and support is provided to all candidates regardless of their backgrounds.
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society