Case Manager - Ireland
We have 2 exciting opportunities for Case Managers to join our Cases team, based in our office in Ireland!
One position we are recruiting for is a full time, permanent position, and the other is a 6month fixed term position.
Whether you are a Legal professional looking to move away from practice, have experience in managing healthcare complaints, or someone with sound customer service skills with a passion for supporting Healthcare professionals, then this could be the role for you.
As our new Case Manager, you will be at the forefront of protecting the careers, reputation and financial risk of our Members worldwide. You will be the first point of contact for member queries on our Advice Line and manage cases from initiation to resolution, alongside a multi-disciplinary team of highly experienced and supportive professionals.
Our Case Managers are critical to ensuring our Members receive the appropriate support they need. You will own your own casefile to aid our members through sensitive and challenging times in their careers, developing both technical and stakeholder management skills in the process.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is familiar with managing complex, conflicting priorities, with the drive and tenacity to deliver outstanding customer service.
If you would like an informal, confidential chat about the role, please contact us and we’d be happy to answer your questions.
As our new Case Manager, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for Member queries on our Advice Line.
- Proactively manage assigned case files of varying complexity such as general advice, complaints, reports, inquests and regulatory issues.
- Determine the level of member assistance to be granted in accordance with the membership policy and benefits on individual cases.
- Manage informal complaints / expressions of dissatisfaction to achieve first touch resolution for our Members.
- Deliver fair treatment and outcomes for members at all times, remaining compliant with associated policies and standards.
- Other responsibilities may include: presentations, article writing and coaching.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks
- Analytical problem-solving skills and able to identify pragmatic approaches to resolution
- Customer service experience and passionate about providing the best service
- Has demonstrable experience in managing complex or conflicting priorities
- Has excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of medical/dental law is advantageous but not essential
- Clinical background or working in a healthcare setting would be advantageous but not essential
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
- Up to 15% discretionary annual bonus
- Hybrid (Ireland, Dublin)
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us – optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 25 days annual leave plus 9 flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell additional 5 days)
- Medical Insurance Allowance
- 6x salary death in service
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 Members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning our Members’ premiums are either invested into bettering the organisation, its employees and our products, or kept safe should our Members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit Members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully-funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want our colleagues to feel empowered enough to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and are determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring our Member’s best interests are at the core.
Medical Protection Society