Case Management Assistant - Medical
We're looking for a Case Management Assistant (CMA) to join our Case Handling team in London on a Fixed Term Contract for 9 months.
As a CMA you will work closely with our Medico-legal and Case Management experts to provide assistance to our members on complaints and regulatory/disciplinary matters. You will have the opportunity to work collaboratively within the Advisory Team to provide a world class service to our members at all times.
The overall purpose of the role is to assist our Medico-legal and Case Management colleagues in all case related activities.
- Assessing the initial case to determine the appropriate case handling strategy, allocating tasks and recording the agreed approach.
- Providing support and assistance on case management, liaising with members and panel lawyers, drafting correspondence, creating letters of instruction, and updating case statuses.
- Taking phone calls in relation to existing matters and providing clear and concise updates
- Using the CRM to support case management and manage tasks
- Providing effective and proactive assistance to the team, message-taking, checking and coordinating file-related post and dealing with correspondence.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate investigation and analysis skills. You will be comfortable managing and prioritising a wide range of complex and challenging situations whilst working autonomously, making case-related decisions, escalating where necessary to more senior members of the team.
The role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills together with excellent written skills and a high level of attention to detail. Patience, tact and discretion are required as you will be dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
Knowledge of professional regulatory frameworks, medical or dental terminology and previous experience of assisting with file/case handling would be helpful but it's not essential.
We are currently still working remotely in light of the current ongoing situation, however once offices reopen this role will be a blend of office and home based working.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society