Case Management Assistant - Medical
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is seeking a Case Management Assistant (CMA) to join our team. As a CMA you will work closely with our medicolegal and case management experts to provide assistance to our members in relation to all aspects of a case.
The overall purpose of the role is to assist our Medicolegal and Case Management colleagues in all case related activities.
- Undertaking administrative and case management functions including sending introductory correspondence at the outset of a case
- Providing support and assistance on case management, liaising with members and panel lawyers, drafting correspondence, creating letters of instruction, and updating electronic case data.
- Using CRM to support case management and ensuring case data is accurately recorded and up-to-date.
- Providing effective and proactive assistance to the team, message-taking, checking and co-ordinating file-related post and dealing with correspondence.
- Working with the other CMAs to assist in the effective running of the Edinburgh medical team and the office more generally.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you should be able to demonstrate the ability to manage your time effectively, learn and apply business processes and undertake tasks effectively and accurately. The role requires excellent communication, typing, investigation and analysis skills. You will have the ability to manage a wide range of complex and challenging situations whilst working autonomously, regularly liaising with case handlers and escalating where necessary to more senior members of the team.
The role requires excellent interpersonal and communication skills, high quality oral and written skills and a high attention to detail. Patience, tact and discretion are required when dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
Knowledge of professional regulatory frameworks, medical or dental terminology and previous experience of assisting with file/case handling is an advantage but not essential. Computer literacy is essential as is familiarity with office programs, particularly outlook and experience using CRM or sharepoint would be beneficial. It is expected you will have proficient note-taking and typing skills
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 10% (for permanent roles)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, Ireland, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society