Business Development & Engagement Strategy and Transformation Lead
Are you a strategic leader with a passion for driving change and innovation to deliver improvement in cost, sales and member experience? Do you excel at building relationships and engaging stakeholders? We are looking for an experienced strategic thinking, commercial leader for the role of Business Development & Engagement Strategy and Transformation Lead to join our dynamic Business Development and Engagement (BD&E) division and positively shape the future of MPS by working with the leadership team to provide strategic guidance and deliver the transformational change agenda.
BD&E is an international, operationally focussed division that acquires, engages, retains and manages the lifecycle of members and stakeholders, and we think it’s a really exciting time to be joining us! We have a significant change investment programme about to launch across the business and the BD&E division has been identified as a major stakeholder in a number of projects including our move to digital and vital system changes; we see the Transformation Lead being at the heart of this journey and leading the BD&E division’s commercial development and transformation programme.
Reporting to the Executive Director of BD&E, you will provide critical support, insight, and strategic guidance. This is a 12-month fixed-term contract that offers invaluable experience and could serve for the right person a viable stepping-stone towards a Senior Leadership position. Here, you will gain firsthand exposure to high-level decision-making, collaborate with an experienced senior leadership team, while contributing to shaping the future direction of our division. This position promises to be an exciting and transformative opportunity for someone looking to make a significant impact to a global organisation and accelerate their career.
At MPS, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce, and therefore welcome applications from individuals seeking flexible working arrangements. For us to maintain effective collaboration and engagement we would like the Transformation Lead to be able to frequent the Leeds office and there will also be occasional travel to London.
- Own, influence and drive the change agenda for BD&E.
- Support the BD&E Executive with the divisions strategic / transformation agenda, providing critical thinking away from operational delivery.
- Turn the strategy into meaningful plans and proposals which engage, influence and inform senior stakeholders including MOC, Exec and Council and lead the development of presentations required.
- Lead on performance analysis of the BD&E division, using performance outcomes and market insight to engage with senior leadership, holding them to account for performance and informing future opportunities and growth plans.
- Work with senior leadership across MPS to coordinate the strategy and deliver the plan for sustainable growth, cost reduction, risk control and transformation of the business as we move towards digital first.
- Engage, influence and collaborate with senior stakeholders, including Executive and Council to provide a common understanding of the divisional strategy and transformation agenda.
- Oversee divisional performance against defined income targets and spend, and use outcomes to inform strategic plans.
- Empower colleagues at all levels to contribute ideas and opinions which support sustainable growth.
- Support the BD&E leadership team to understand and deliver the future vision for BD&E in how we acquire, engage, retain and service members across the world.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has recent experience in developing insurance-related projects with a digital focus. Thriving in a digital-led environment and having a deep understanding of how to enhance customer experience through the utilisation of technology, you can effortlessly replicate a future vision for digital transformation and the benefits it brings to MPS and our members.
Possessing a forward-thinking mindset, you operate strategically, clearly envisioning the future of the business and not just seeing the here and now. Drawing from past experiences, and both commercial and digital expertise, you bring valuable insight that shapes strategic long-term direction, and you have the ability to translate those business needs into compelling presentations that you deliver confidently to senior stakeholders.
You understand the importance of planning, executing, and delivering results and will utilise your project management skills to ensure the successful delivery of the transformation agenda to achieve our future goals in growth, profitability, cost efficiency and member experience. You are someone who focusses on the big picture and often identifies missing opportunities or further areas for continuous improvement.
The ideal candidate possesses a variety of leadership qualities such as influencing, commercial thinking, risk evaluation, stakeholder management, building relationships and effectively collaborating on strategy development and implementation, making informed decisions that align with the organisation's goals.
In summary, the ideal candidate is a dynamic and visionary leader with project management expertise, digital acumen, and a credible track record of driving transformative change. Possessing strong leadership qualities and excelling in stakeholder management, you will be crucial in shaping our organisation's future. In return, you will have the opportunity to build experience and expertise, becoming a major and invaluable component of MPS which will create future opportunity for the right person.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we encourage you to apply even if you feel you do not match 100% of the technical requirements. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and strive to create a work environment which ensures everyone can be heard.
Alongside a competitive salary, you will also receive:
- Bonus scheme
- 11% pension contribution (3% from you, 8% from us optional additional matched 3% contributions, e.g. 6% from you, 11% from us)
- 30 days annual leave plus flexible bank holidays (option to buy/sell 5 days)
- Car allowance £4,670
- Private Medical Cover
- Healthcare cash plan
- 6x salary death in service
- A personal GP service enabling you to get a video consultation with an NHS-registered, private GP
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of shopping discounts from major high-street retailers.
About the Company
The Medical Protection Society Ltd (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for Doctors, Dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning member’s subscriptions are either invested into bettering the organisation, colleagues and products, or kept safe should members require support for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions.
To do this, we need colleagues who are trusted and supported to deliver their best work, whether that be through leadership development, fully funded training courses or peer-to-peer support. We want colleagues to feel empowered to deliver positive change, display ambition to push themselves and be determined when faced with a challenge, whilst ensuring members best interests are at the core.
Medical Protection Society