Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We are going through a continued period of change as we invest in our systems, processes and people as we look to keep ahead of our competition and remain the worlds leading medical defence organisation and providing excellent care and protection for our members.
The Business Analyst supports Business Change Partners as well as other project resources, to deliver initiatives that align to the vision, and strategic objectives of the business to ensure we are achieving the best outcomes for our members.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of initiatives in support of the agreed change activity defined by the Business Change Partner in order to serve member needs appropriately
- Present recommendations/reports to senior sponsors and manage the outcomes
- Lead Pilot activities in the pre-project lifecycle as required
- Input to the improvement of process and methodology based on application in the business
- Generate detailed analytical reports for design specifications
- Work through the benefit analysis for small change, continuous improvement and post project benefit realisation in support of change colleagues and sponsors as required
- Design and support the build of new models that deliver improved outcomes to members
- Apply business analysis and lean methodologies to produce quality recommendations at each stage gate of the process using the voice of the member as a key driver
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will ensure the consistent application of the MPS analytical toolkit throughout the project lifecycle adapting appropriately depending on the level of change.
You will be a confident communicator able to work within a Matrix structure maintaining close links with colleague to support the delivery of a member driven experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work across the entire global business and deliver real value within a department that is proud to promote from within and develop careers within Change and Continuous Improvement.
Demonstrate knowledge of analytical tools and process mapping methodology
BA Qualification i.e. BCS or ISEB
Experience of working in the analysis function either Business or Technology bias
Demonstrable delivery of benefit development and benefit realisation
Process Improvement qualification (such as Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt)
Knowledge of reporting tools i.e. SQL and application of same
- 25 days Leave
- Single cover PMI
- Single cover HCCP
- Performance related bonus up to 10%
About the Company
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was again recognised in 2019 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society