This role will play an active role in the Finance division primarily focused on delivering the annual budget figures, supporting annual external audit and consolidating the monthly Executive team reporting, to ensure the sound financial management and financial control of the company’s business.
- Working with the Financial Planning & Analysis Business Partner and Finance Business Partner team, and other stakeholders to assist the development of the budget process, including any system changes and improvements.
- Working with the BI Lead, Financial Planning & Analysis Business Partner, Finance Business Partner team, and other stakeholders to improve and develop the Executive team reporting pack; Exec BI Dashboard.
- Hands on support to the Finance Business Partners and operational Finance teams to ensure transactions are correctly allocated, accrued, and appropriately treated.
- Provide support to the financial year end process liaising with stakeholders within the external audit team where appropriate.
- Working with the wider Finance Division to ensure that reporting requirements, both internally and externally, and deadlines are met.
The Ideal Candidate
The role requires a qualified accountant (ACCA/ ACA/ CIMA or equivalent) with a proven pedigree in working in a high performing accounts function.
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of more than 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
We strive to be much more than a last line of defence by being at our members’ side at every step, offering support, advice and world-class defence. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society