BI Data Analyst
We are looking to appoint two BI Data Analysts for a 12 month period to develop, manage, and deliver BI solutions. You will deliver standard performance reporting, insights and analytics using data collected in a centralised data warehouse or multiple databases throughout the organisation.
The BI Data Analyst will work with key stakeholders applying analytical thinking and problem solving to improve the delivery and governance of reporting, analytics and the quality of the data, required to inform business decisions and actions which results in a measurable improvement in business performance.
- Deliver all activities and initiatives in line with our Data Governance framework. Maintaining those principles, policies, procedures, and controls needed to deliver strategic and operational reporting required for effective control of the business and as recommended by legal requirements.
- Technically liaise with Data Warehouse developers to ensure that reporting tools are appropriate, accurate, and complete and ensure outputs are delivered in-line with the standards set out within the Data Governance framework.
- Assist the Senior BI Data Analyst in partnering with key stakeholders to improve their insight capability by automating their work into COE reporting and analysis to maximising investment of insight resource MPS-wide.
- Embrace change management processes (projects or small change) and partner with the appropriate teams and business analysts to make business recommendations to assist in delivering reporting, insight, process improvements, or strategies that support MPS in delivering its vision, values, and purpose.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of data analysis tools such as SSAS, SSRS, Power View etc.
- Power BI
- Data warehouse specification, population and reporting
- Knowledge of T-SQL querying (2008/2012+), DAX, MDX
- In depth understanding of database security during design and deployment
- Experience and knowledge of IT systems, data warehouse, ETL, and reporting technologies
- Experience of working with and analysing financial and non-financial data
At MPS we understand that diversity is an important part of a truly inclusive community, and it’s something we're committed to as an organisation. The MPS Recruitment Team welcome applications from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Important to MPS is that our people live our values of Member First, Ambitious, Determined and Empowered. We accept that not all applicants are able to meet all requirements of the role and therefore we consider applications based on merit and experience. We are open to discuss your application and to assist you through the process. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are willing to consider flexible working options. If you have any questions about any advertised role and how we can support you, please contact the Recruitment Team.
Due to the ongoing situation around Covid-19 most of our colleagues are working remotely, this role is attached to our Leeds office and will adapt a hybrid working approach in the future.
Due to the urgency of this role we may commence shortlisting or interviewing prior to the advertised closing date so please don’t hesitate in applying if you are interested in this role.
- 12% company pension contribution (3% from the individual)
- Annual bonus scheme up to 15%
- Private Medical Insurance
- Health Care Cash Plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
About the Company
Medical Protection Society (MPS) is the world’s leading protection organisation for doctors, dentists and healthcare professionals. We protect and support the professional interests of almost 300,000 members around the world, in countries as diverse as the United Kingdom, South Africa and Hong Kong.
Our philosophy is to support safe practice in medicine and dentistry by helping to avert problems in the first place. We also actively campaign for regulatory and legal reforms that benefit members and the wider healthcare professions. Membership provides access to expert advice and support together with the right to request indemnity for complaints or claims arising from professional practice.
We continue to invest in our team to ensure that we are delivering the best possible service for members. This was recognised in 2016 when we were awarded an Investors in People Silver award.
Medical Protection Society